Anyone who has found themselves in the position of being asked to act as a coach across a whole cohort will know that it means you will be meeting a range of clients that you might not normally meet. Rather than the usual chemistry meetings, your coaching services are offered as the only option. This can be challenging and is even seen by some as terrible practice! However, I suggest that there are five positives to this kind of work.
1) You can provide the challenge that clients really need.
2) You can provide an outsider view.
3) You can learn something about yourself.
4) You can be reminded to dance in the moment.
5) In the longer term, you can foster a sense of positive indifference.
I wrote this article for the International Coaching Federation, and you can read more on these points here.
Do you have any other tips that I should know about for leaders during lockdown? If so, I would love to hear them! Contact me and let me know.